Highly Valued at-Risk Executive Coaching
We work with critical leaders who are failing to meet important qualities of leadership standards and who are exhibiting derailing behaviors. Usually, these are key executives who have contributed substantially to the company and their loss would have high impact.
We adapt our proven Leadership Performance Enhancement coaching methodology for these situations and accelerate the data collection and coaching process to make substantial improvements quickly by eliminating derailing behaviors immediately. We use a triage approach in this process:
- Help the leader stop the undesired behaviors
- Replace these with supportive and effective leadership behaviors
- Learn to leverage the executive's leadership strengths for the company
We deploy a proven process that includes the following Leadership Performance Enhancement methodology:
- Set up the scope and deliverables – We gather pertinent data about the executive, problem areas and their impact, scope and requirements of their role, and deliverables.
- Prepare the executive for coaching– Working with the executive, manager, and HR, we meet to discuss and agree upon our roles, confidentiality, deliverables, timing, support, and determine the executive’s preferred learning style.
- Data collection and feedback session – We use multiple assessment tools and tests to get the best to get the best snapshot of the executive’s leadership effectiveness. These may include 360 interviews and surveys, direct observation, personality assessments and cognitive assessments. We provide an in-depth feedback session, with 2-3 areas that need to be developed and/or strengths to leverage.
- Coachable decision – We determine the Executive's leadership ability and willingness to improve these leadership traits. If we decide that the leader is not amenable to change, we determine them to have “low coachability.” In these cases, which are not the norm, we stop the process and help plan another course of action.
- Specific development plans – Our proven development plan outlines the specific goals, key actions, and timing for each action.
- Ongoing coaching – In these cases we start coaching almost immediately based on interviews in the beginning of the coaching engagement with the executive, their manager, and HR. The duration of our executive coaching and leadership development training sessions vary depending upon the specific needs of the company and/or executive. These coaching sessions help the executive reflect on performance, wins and lessons from the development plan, discuss upcoming opportunities, and set 30-day priorities. We may role-play various scenarios to prepare the executive for important activities.
- Ongoing evaluation and quality assurance – We evaluate progress at the mid-point of the coaching process and again at its end. As part of this process, we conduct confidential stakeholder interviews to determine progress and success toward meeting the goals and deliverables.
- Transition to the manager – At the end of the coaching process, we transition the development planning and coaching to the executive’s manager. This handoff helps the executive establish a better working relationship with their manager and opens up a dialogue – and a process – for continued growth and development.