New Leader Executive Coaching
Research shows that approximately 50% of newly appointed leaders fail to meet expectations within the first 12-18 months in their leadership role. Our new leader executive coaching process utilizes proven and best practices, assessment tools, techniques and approaches that accelerate the leader’s impact and effectiveness in a shorter time period.
We utilize the following methodology for new leader coaching:
- Set up the scope and deliverables – We meet with the new executive and their manager to understand the role, requirements, success criteria, company culture, team strengths, confidentiality, and deliverables.
- Start-up – We help our clients create 90-day strategic action plans.
- Assessments and feedback – Using interviews, observations and select assessment tests, we identify the new leader’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Team assimilation – We facilitate a highly interactive meeting with the leader and their team to build trust, outline expectations, explain personal preferences, and share feedback for a more successful assimilation and improved team performance.
- Continual coaching – Using the 90-day plan and assessment results, we coach the leader, helping them successfully transition into their new role and better manage day-to-day issues and challenges.
- Plan for future success – We collaborate with the executive to develop the vision, mission, goals, and strategic roadmap required for sustained performance.
- Evaluation – Ongoing evaluations and quality assurance checks with the leader and their key stakeholders help increase long-term success.